Saturday, August 25, 2007

Message from a hard-working about drugs test

Below is the test of an e-mail that is doing the rounds at the moment:


Quote:
Message from a hard-working

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, as I work in the timber industry, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem in passing.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their behind, drinking alcohol & doing drugs all day.

Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a DPB cheque???

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you all will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country, and soon!
I personally have no problem at all with employees being required to pass drug tests. In my industry for example, there would be an immediate threat the the life of workmates should someone be under the influence of alcohol & drugs.

But should people on welfare be under similar restraints? My view is that drug testing is reasonable - taxpayer dollars should not be used to fund illegal activities. On the alcohol (and smoking), I would suggest that moderation is OK, but where do you draw the line?

No comments: